We all know that antiquated oral surgery techniques have previously been synonymous with oral pain. However, recent developments in the industry have allowed for reduced pain after wisdom teeth extraction and tooth surgery. These efforts have turned formerly uncomfortable, but necessary procedures into treatments that are experienced with ease.
At Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center, we ensure excellence in oral surgery, from procedures through follow-up care by offering pain reducing options. Some of the ways we reduce pain in tooth extraction and oral surgery are:
- Apply Bubba’s Topical anesthetic which is a strong topical that greatly reduces the initial pain of injection.
- Heat our carpules of anesthetic which really reduces the discomfort on injection
- Use buffered anesthetic to reduce the pH which is what hurts the most with local. anesthetics.
- Provide a gentle touch.
- Provide IV sedation, so you may sleep through the procedure.
- Administer Nitrous Oxide, when necessary.
Additionally, some patients may experience anxiety about upcoming dental procedures. Dr. Martin strives to reduce both tooth pain and anxiety simultaneously by providing a gentle touch, empathetic demeanor, and sedation anesthesia. If you are curious about how we may be able to help you reduce your teeth extraction pain and/or procedure anxiety, please contact us so our staff can help you through your process.