While any dentist with a dental degree can legally place a dental implant, many general dentists do not have the specialized training, experience, and equipment to properly prepare the implant area and place a dental implant with the skill necessary to ensure the highest chance of long-term success. For that reason, patients are often referred to an oral surgeon. Here are 7 things to look for when searching for an oral surgeon and getting dental implants:
- Is your implant dentist a licensed and trained oral surgeon?
- How long has your implant dentist been placing dental implants?
- How often does your implant specialist place dental implants?
- What quality is the implant itself?
- Does your surgeon have experience managing complications?
- Does your implant specialist have significant investment and training in the latest technology?
- Does your implant specialist have excellent testimonials from previous clients?
Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center is your local dental implant and oral surgery specialists with two board certified oral surgeons who excel in customer care using state-of-the art equipment. If you have any questions or concerns about oral surgery or dental implants, please don’t hesitate to contact us.