Giving Back to Community & Environment
Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center believes in the power of giving back. That is why we donate both time and money to numerous non-profits and local charities.
Giving Back to Our Community:
Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center, along with Dr. Dan Martin and Dr. Rachel Appleblatt, give back to the community through donations and gifted time:
- Dentistry from the Heart, a day of donated oral surgery care for community members in need
- California Care Force, providing dental extractions for community members in need
- Toys For Tots
- Sober Graduation Sponsor
- Music in the Park Sponsor
- Adopt a family in need during the holidays
We Care About The Environment:
As a medical office, our first priority is, of course, the health and safety of our patients and staff. Providing safe and sterile treatment means we throw away a lot of single use products, such as gauze, gloves, etc. That waste cannot be avoided, but there are still many other actions we take within our practice to reduce our footprint on the natural world around us, such as:
- We make every effort to buy 100% recycled office supplies, like printing paper, garbage bags, paper towels, etc.
- We use paperless, online patient registration.
- We offer paperless, online doctor referrals.
- We use temperature controls to heat and cool the office – and open a window to let the cool/warm air in.
- We have motion detectors on the overhead office lights, so if a room isn’t in use, the lights go out.
- We use a water filtration system for our tap water.
- Our kitchen is stocked with ceramic dishware for our staff to use instead of disposable plates, cups, etc.
- We use an energy efficient washer and dryer.
- We are mindful of the purchasing decisions we make.
- We recycle all that we can. Blue bag it!
Giving Back to Our Environment:
We recognize that no matter how “green” our business practices, we have an impact on the resources of the planet and here in the Tahoe Basin. Tahoe Oral Surgery & Implant Center is a proud member of 1% for the Planet, whereby we donate 1% of our income to nonprofits doing work in environmental conservation, protection and education. To mitigate our environmental impacts, we have joined with over 1500 other businesses that donate 1% of their revenue to a network of 2834 environmental organizations worldwide. Since opening our doors in 2010, we have donated over $180,000+ to organizations doing environmental education, conservation and protection of our natural spaces.
We also financially support the following environmental nonprofit organizations:
- Tahoe Donner Land Trust
- Truckee Trails Foundation
- Truckee River Watershed Council
- Tuolumne River Trust
- League to Save Lake Tahoe
- South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Protect Our Winters (POW)
- Sugar Pine Foundation
- Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association (TAMBA)
- Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship
- Western Rivers Conservancy
- The Wilderness Society
- Pacific Rivers Council
- Sierra Avalanche Center
- Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC)
- Sierra Nevada Alliance
- Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships (SWEP)
- Mountain Area Preservation Foundation (MAP)
- Tahoe Rim Trail Association