Our community has been through a lot as we battle COVID-19, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our regular lives. While many things have changed, our commitment to your health and well-being remains.
Infection control has always been fundamental to our practice, and I want to take a moment to share some of our practices. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. These practices are numerous and include heat sterilization of all instruments, wiping down all surfaces with bacteria and virus destroying solutions, and utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect you and our team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We are all wearing masks throughout the office. Following CDC guidelines in a healthcare setting, we request that you continue to wear a mask as well.
- We use additional PPE, including face shields, hair coverings, N95 masks, and gowns during treatment.
- We have increased the time between patients to ensure adequate time for disinfection and sterilization of our treatment areas.
- We have installed Surgically Clean Air six-stage filtration and sterilization air filters to eradicate bacteria and viruses in the air
We look forward to seeing you, and we understand your concerns around COVID-19 and will gladly answer any questions you have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (530) 587- 5440 or visit our website at tahoeoralsurgery.com.